Saturday 12 November 2011

Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub (Product Review)

"Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub"


Price: 90rs Quantity: 80gms (available in small sizes as well)

“Ooopss “ the very first word that comes from my tongue whenever I see those tiny black dots i.e. “blackheads “ ……..Blackheads mainly caused when the oils secreted by sebaceous glands in the skin get trapped in the skin pores along with the dirt , oil & dead cells. And the easiest way to remove blackheads is exfoliation, i.e. scrubing and when I saw the add of “Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub “claiming to reduce blackheads visibly just in 3 days. :), I was badly tempted but couldn’t try it as I was not done with my other scrub, But as soon as I finished my old scrub I got this one ….

Company’s claim for there product: A unique blend of micro scrubbing beads works to break down trapped oil, dirt & dead cells that can cause blackheads. Next, the natural extract formula penetrates deep down into the pores to help soften stubborn blackheads & prevents new ones from forming. Its gentle exfoliating action gives you visibly less blackheads in just 3 days for clean, clear & beautiful skin.

Ingredients:


Ok a huge list……….
When I go through the list I found most them are surfactant & detergents, like
 Cocamidopropyl betaine -A surfactant derived from coconut oil, this allows water to clean dirt & oil. Sodium laureth sulfate (most commonly used in cosmetics, soaps, shampoos)-again surfactant. Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate- A surfactant works as a cleansing agent & foam booster. Propylene glycol - A surfactant that easily penetrates into the skin & attracts moisture.

 After looking few ingredients in the list I was not interested to take this product but then I looked salicylic acid which is good for my oily acne prone skin, then witch hazel it’s a shrub found in North America that is proved to contain powerful medicinal capabilities, most commonly used for treating acne and facial blemishes& as you can see in the end of the list there are few names of fruit Juices & fruit extract, so I thought of giving a try.

Packaging of the product:
 The product comes in a flip open tube. It’s a fairly large tube, containing 80g of product which will last a long time. One thing I really like about this scrub is that – it rarely sticks on the top of the hole .packaging is quite nice.


Texture:It’s as gel kind scrub with very tiny green granules which are not easily visible as you can see in the image below .The granules are not at all harsh to the skin .Initially I used to feel sticky after scrubbing even if I wipes out my face with toner than gradually I learned that it is because I am taking too much of it, just a lit more than a pea size is enough for your face.It smells very soapy , like detergents.

Ok now coming to its effects:

 I have lots of blackheads on my t-zone, that’s why I concentrated more on this area but I could not see any change even after 30 days so forget about 3 days. But my blackheads were really stubborn & old, so probably it was not able to do any thing for deep blackheads .
                 Then I noticed it helped in removing my new & soft blackheads & even whiteheads but my old ones are still with me. It does make my skin bit soft but not as good & supple as my other scrubs did.
               Whenever I use this scrub it instantly brightens my face making it oil free, Clean, & Clear. And it doesnt break me out.But as what it claims of reducing blackheads visibly in 3 days was really not true in my case.
                      I even asked my younger sister to give a try but she also couldn’t see a huge change & she used to feel bit dry & stretchy as she have normal skin .for me this was good that it makes my skin bit dry as I have oily skin.

Summary: I am not going to repurchase it ever again. Coz I need a scrub to reduce my all kind of blackheads whether new or old & not the one which is full of detergents.

Thanks.
 Keep smiling ....

No comments:

Post a Comment